Friday 8 February 2013

15. birthdays


On Sunday it was my younger brother, Kieran's 16th birthday. Although he has turned 16 I still think of him as like a 13 year old. I swear the last few years have flown by. It still seems like yesterday that I was in year 11 taking my GCSEs and making decisions about what I wanted to do for A Level.
I bought Kieran Cars2 and contributed towards some of his skiing gear that he had to get for his ski trip to Austria (with school) in February half term.
For his birthday we all went to see Rise of the Guardians in 3D, which although a cartoon, wasn't as bad as I had expected it to be. Plus, as Hugh Jackman was the Easter Bunny, I got to listen to his voice, as well as Chris Pine's (he did the voice for Jack Frost). It's not a film I'd recommend to everyone as I know a lot of people aren't into children's films or cartoon animation (I'm still a sucker for kids' movies). But if you do like that sort of thing, then, why not go and see it? (Or, if you like these kind of films secretly, wait until it's out on DVD and then watch it).
We went out for a meal after the film too, to the Tamworth Wetherspoon's. I love Wetherspoons (there's one in Aberystwyth) as it's good food and not extortionately priced!! I had a chicken burger with bacon and cheese! Yummy!

Yesterday was Rob's birthday, so this morning when he'd finally woken up I made him open his presents. He'd gotten some comedy DVDs as well as some CDs and music. Most of the day was spent being lazy, but in the evening his parents took us to Prezzo in Swadlincote. I wasn't sure what to have as usually at Italian restaurants I'll have pizza to be on the safe side, but for once I had spaghetti carbonara. I hate eating spaghetti because it goes everywhere, so instead of attempting to eat it correctly (by wrapping it around my fork), I just chopped it into small enough bits and scooped it up. Much easier! I didn't manage to finish it all as there just seemed to be so much pasta! Normally at uni, I have about half of what they had served up. For dessert I just had a couple of scoops of vanilla ice cream which was pretty nice. 
After the meal we went back to mine, where we just relaxed and watched Sunday's Ripper Street. However, before having gone out to Prezzo, Rob's parents gave him the cake, which had these really cool candles that flashed numbers, so they set them for 19. They also played the 'happy birthday' tune - which would have been good if they weren't out of sync!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments would be much appreciated, even if you're just passing this blog - just let me know what you think :) x