Wednesday 6 February 2013

18. let it snow, let it snow, let it snow

Just before beginning exams, and the rest of country was suffering from having tons of snow, Aberystwyth finally got some, even if it didn't last long down by the sea.

I'm usually in two minds about snow, as when it's on the ground, I love it, and I get excited about it like a child, (usually by deliberately walking where no one else has, just so I can leave my footprints) but I'm not a huge fan of when it's lasted for days, or it's constantly snowing. I guess that's something good about living by the sea, as if we do get snow, it's not likely to last long - so I made the most of it whilst I could!

Looking out of my kitchen window,
and first discovering
that it'd snowed!
 Luckily, I'd revised for the exam that I had in a couple of days, so I was able to go out and about in it, and it even began to snow fairly heavily at one point, although due to the previous snow already beginning to melt, it didn't stay.

I'm kind of glad that it didn't stay around for a week, like it apparently did back home, because it would have made going to exams difficult, and everywhere would have become icy!

However, since all the snow has gone, we've just had a lot of rain and windy weather, with the waves crashing over the railing on the seafront and throwing stones on to the pavement. I love watching the waves, and I don't mind the sea spray, but sometimes the wind and rain can be a bit too much. It gets annoying that I can't really ever do something nice with my hair, because the rain will just make it go all bleughh (disadvantage of having thick, curly hair).


On the seafront, looking towards
Constitution Hill
Looking out from Rob's window,
and seeing all the snow on the hills!
In a way, I don't think I'd mind if it snowed now, because even though lectures are back on, it's not exams, and it'd be nice just to be able to go out and build a snowman (I never managed to last time). However, I think I've had enough of cold, wet weather, and I can't wait for summer to get here - sunbathing and maybe having a BBQ on the beach! I think I just want some warmer weather!

Tara 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments would be much appreciated, even if you're just passing this blog - just let me know what you think :) x