Tuesday 19 February 2013

21. valentine’s day

This post is the first time I've used Windows Live Writer to upload, so hopefully it’ll go okay *fingers crossed*

Photo 14-02-2013 13 50 15
The roses Rob bought me -
my first ever flowers!
Valentine’s Day – to be honest, I do see it as a bit of a scam because those with partners should show their love all year round, instead of just on one specific day of the year, but I don’t mind it to be honest. Admittedly, I do have a boyfriend to spend the day with, but even when I've been single on Valentine’s Day, it doesn't bother me too much, so I don’t get why people moan non-stop about it. I saw a Facebook status in the days leading up to Valentine’s Day saying how they've always been single, and would someone be their Valentine even if it’s just as friends. Fair enough, but I do think that asking for a Valentine on Facebook in a serious way, just seems a tad desperate and it makes you seem like your attention-seeking.

Photo 19-02-2013 17 19 43
Gossip Girl Season 4 - more
hours of Chace Crawford
to watch ;)
Photo 14-02-2013 19 19 00
My Valentine's Dinner
This year, me and my boyfriend decided that instead of buying mega-romantic presents (I didn't want any chocolate!), we’d buy each other presents that we actually wanted. So I bought Rob the first series of Game of Thrones on DVD, and then (because he’s a boy and I know he would have probably wanted some chocolate), I did buy him a chocolate heart from Thornton's with ‘Happy Valentine's Day’ on it. And he got me the fourth season of Gossip Girl (yay!!) and Titanic on DVD as my copy stopped working. Plus, Titanic is my favourite film ever, and he knows this. As a surprise he also bought me some roses, which I genuinely wasn't expecting, and he cooked me dinner, which was originally supposed to be a surprise but I guessed the food he was going to cook me (I guess with me being a fussy eater it’s kind of difficult to cook for me) but he also bought some Shloer as I’m not a fan of wine (or any alcohol apart from alcopops and they’re not really romantic).

Next year, when we’ve got a flat together I think it’ll be easier to celebrate Valentine’s Day as it’ll just be the two of us, without flatmates barging in when we’re cooking etc., and Rob will probably be able to surprise me a bit more without having to worry about annoying other people.

However, although we do make a deal out of Valentine’s Day, we don’t just celebrate the one day a year. We look forward to our anniversary as well as enjoy being with each other every day. Because to me, that’s what love is about, and that is what makes a good couple. The people who enjoy being with each other all year round, and appreciate each other every day, instead of just buying them presents on the 14th February.

Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments would be much appreciated, even if you're just passing this blog - just let me know what you think :) x